10.10.2008

Happiness

What does it take to be happy?

Happiness, my friends, is driving down Corunna Rd., cresting the small hill and seeing a red glow in the distance. Like a beacon in a sea of darkness, I am drawn to the light. As I approach, a feeling of goodwill towards men fills my heart and everything seems right in the world.

"Ma'am, would you care to try a fresh Original Glazed?" says the man behind the counter.

I nod, unable to fully express my pure joy at having happened into this moment, as he hands me an extraordinary creation of man: the Krispy Kreme doughnut.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you ever just go to Krispy Kreme, accept the free doughnut, and leave without buying anything? I know it's perfectly fine to do so, but I can't bring myself to not buy something if I go in. Guilt or something? So, I avoid the issue altogether by not going at all... I don't think I've had a fresh-made Krispy Kreme doughnut in over 3 or 4 years.

Jessica said...

Margaret! That made me SO SAD! Go get a doughnut -- today, if at all possible!!!!