12.31.2008

Some quality alone time

Yesterday I made a trip to the happiest place on Earth... no, not Disneyland... IKEA! I just love IKEA and consider myself to be an expert on maneuvering in the store. I know where all of the secret passages are and always carefully plan my route before even going through the doors.

Jeff, however, hates going to IKEA. As much as I love it, he hates it. So I've learned that it's much better to leave him at home when I go. Apparently other women have learned that as well...

My purchases yesterday included a giant mirror, 3 ft. x 4ft., weighing about 35 or so pounds. It was a little unwieldy. As I stood in the parking lot pondering how I was going to fit the mirror into the trunk of our Saturn, a very nice woman walked by.

"Say, that's a pretty big item for a pretty small car! Would you like some help?"

"Wow, thanks! That'd be great! My husband bowed out of coming today."

"Oh, well I purposely go when my husband is at work," she replied. "Otherwise, I'd just kill him."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Winnipeg is getting an IKEA!!! We've been waiting for years. Ben hates it too--we went on the way from NC to Canada--I was in heaven--got 2 huge wardrobes and lots of other stuff but I will definetly go with my mom/sister/aunts and leave Ben behind.

Happy New Year!