2.22.2009

A funny shopping trip

I just got back from a quick trip to Target. I would like to report on two episodes...

Episode 1:

While walking through the clothing section of the store, I passed a mom who was my age and her son who was probably around 4 by the looks of him. As I was looking through a rack, I heard him shout:

"MOM! ARE YOU AN 'XL'????"

A much quieter reply came back, "(sigh) Yes, honey...,"

"MOM! I FOUND AN XL OVER HERE!"

"MOM! HERE'S ANOTHER XL!"

"MOM! THIS ONE HAS 2 X'S! DO YOU NEED ONE WITH 2 X'S???"

Finally, in a quiet, exasperated tone she responded "Okay, honey, thank you. Try not to shout anymore, okay? (sigh)"

Episode 2:

I was making my way toward the body soap aisle and was following a mom pushing her son, who looked to be about 2 or 3, in a cart.

He was making farting sounds with his mouth.

"Mom," he giggled and then made the sound, "I'm pooping." Fart, fart.

"Shh, honey, don't do that!" She glanced around her. She saw me.

Fart, fart, fart. "Mom! I'm still pooping!" Fart, fart, fart.

She glanced around again. I was studiously not making eye contact and was looking at everything we were passing with great interest. But I had to keep following her because she was turning into the very aisle I needed as well.

She paused in front of the body soap. Fart, fart, fart. She watched me as I stopped there, too. She left the aisle, without any soap.

"Honey, you shouldn't make those kinds of sounds in the store," she whispered to him.

"Mom, I wasn't really pooping..." I heard him say as they turned the corner.

1 comment:

Marcus/Tash said...

These are Hilarious!! I could totally see Vincent doing that to me. Toddler poops and farts in the store are not very fun for the mom :) Marcus really enjoyed your post too- you know he loves some good fart jokes! Hope you have a good weekend- Tash