2.20.2009

I made 'em sweat alright

Well, it was awesome.

And, there's something to be said for people's low expectations...

I got to the gym last night, changed as fast as I could, grabbed my CD, handwritten sheet of moves and tape (to hang it on the mirror, of course) and went out. A couple of my friends from class were up at the front. A few other ladies that I recognized from class were hanging out by the machines that border the aerobics space chatting and looking skeptical. One of these ladies walked over to us.

"I just want to tell you that they say they're going to bail," she said.

"Oh...," I said. "Well, it's going to be really good! They should stay!"

"I told them we should give it a try, but I don't know..."

So I took my sheet of handwritten moves and walked over to the lady that looked most skeptical.

I showed her my sheet. "Look, it's going to be good, I promise. I practiced really hard. You should stay." And then I went and taped my sheet to the mirror.

The group of ladies on the verge of bailing out made their way to the middle of the space. I smiled.

I was nervous for about 8 jabs at the beginning and then every time a new block of moves was about to start (the transitions can be kind of tricky), but I think it was really good. They all clapped when it was over and many of them made it a point to come talk to me afterward, which was cool. They were impressed that I had made my own moves. They liked my sheet.



I'm glad I joined this gym. I've found more than I was hoping for.

1 comment:

little ms. notetaker said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. You are a rock star... I need to come to your class and work off my Fat Tuesday binge.