7.27.2008

A few of my favorite things


Here's a picture of my wonderful husband, taken almost 6 years ago exactly on our honeymoon in Maine.

After 6 years, I am still learning things about him... Here are some of my favorite things. :)

  • I had no idea (neither of us did, actually) that Jeff really has curly hair. And by curly, I mean curls that women would die for (we know this because women, often complete strangers, tell him this frequently).
  • That Jeff has a serious talent for cooking. I once read somewhere that in order to be a great cook, one must be generous of spirit. That's so true. To take the time that he does to make everything to the best of his ability without cutting corners and without trying to find an easier, but not quite as good, way of doing things takes a person who truly wants to give to others.
  • My husband is a kick-ass jazz saxophonist. I knew he had an undergraduate degree in jazz studies, but when we met during our masters degrees, he was strictly about classical saxophone. I never heard a single note of jazz from him until...hmm... 4 or 5 years after we were married. And then, he practiced his butt off and now sounds so good. I'm so impressed. To me, he is a rock star.

1 comment:

Mel said...

aw! that was a way cute anniversary tribute!