7.15.2008

Thick-Skinned



My husband is a nerd.

This is a picture of our freezer. With a present for me.

Yesterday I saw what appeared to be a giant bug clinging to our outdoor steps, which I pointed out to Jeff. Rather than being grossed out like me, shockingly, he picked it up! He pointed out the tiny hole where whatever kind of insect this is (a locust? a cicada?) had crawled out, leaving behind this shell...or skin...or body armor. It was a real Discovery Channel sort of moment. A moment my mother would enjoy having. I just thought it was gross.

And then, rather than disposing of it promptly, he took it inside! When asked about his intentions, he replied that he was going to save it and scare me with it. How nice.

So today, I go to the freezer to get my lunch, and there is the creature.

See, a total nerd.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GAH!!!

I hope you're going to make him sleep on the couch (your husband, not the bug). ;)

little ms. notetaker said...

Ack! I don't like it.